It is with great pleasure that we share our Annual Report covering our fiscal year ended June 30 2017. We continued on our exciting path for growth, driven by demand for our program and by the level of need in NYC for effective services for people with disabilities. Some achievements from our last fiscal year:
- Awarded two government contracts, with the NYC Department of Education to serve students from the District 75 schools for children with special needs and the NYC Department of Mental Health and Hygiene to serve children with autism.
- Mentored four instructors in training to PATH Int’l certification
- Launched the GallopNYC Equestrian Team
- Won the Brooke Mahoney Award for Board Excellence
- Hosted our first Two-Day Ride with Pride Horse Show – Day one was at GallopNYC Sunrise Stables, and Day Two was at our traditional Central Park location
- Expanded our herd of therapeutic horse to more than two dozen horses and ponies
But the real achievements are what happens in the arena when a child with disabilities speaks for the first time; or gains new dexterity with her hands; or learns new leadership skills with his horse; or takes newfound confidence back into the classroom. These are the kind of achievements that will soon multiply as we expand and grow. These are the true accomplishments.
With our two new sites, we have quickly moved hundreds of children off our waiting list and into our program. We will continue to deepen our commitment to serving low-income families who have a child with a disability – those most in need of our services. None of this would be possible without your support and your belief in our mission.
Thank you. And if you haven’t already I hope you will visit our new sites very soon.