We cannot do it without you
GallopNYC relies on our volunteers
GallopNYC encourages volunteers to learn more about what we do, to grow in their roles, and to take on leadership positions. We offer talks to volunteers about horsemanship and aspects of disabilities, and offer occasional horsemanship classes.
- Each rider is supported by up to three volunteers – one leading the horse and one on each side of the rider.
- NO EXPERIENCE is NEEDED. We provide training.
- A love of horses is helpful, as is a desire to work with individuals with a disability.
” I marvel to see how much people are capable of when no one puts limits on their expectations.”
Sign-up to Volunteer Now
Volunteer Resources :
- Volunteer FAQ
- Volunteer Leader FAQ
- Job descriptions – Leadwalker, Sidewalker, Paddock Master
- Job description – Volunteer Leader
- Volunteer application packet
- Volunteer information packet
- 2pg Tips for Working with People with Disabilities
- Disability Etiquette resource