Now is your chance to join GallopNYC and the Americorps program in a dynamic and exciting role: Program Specialist.
As an AmeriCorps Program Specialist at GallopNYC, your role will be to help us give riders and their families the best experience possible, from recruiting to sign up to lessons. You will help to recruit qualified riders, find ways to make the enrollment and scheduling process easier, make contacts with sources of riders, and research communication methods for our busy families.
In order to develop enhancements to our array of programs, you will be researching industry standard best practices, crafting surveys and interviewing programs participants and their families.
Our goals for your role in developing our program are: more riders, happier families and riders, and increased efficiency and effectiveness across all of our programs.
To apply, send application and cover letter to:
c/o James Wilson
540 President St, 3FL
Brooklyn, NY 11215
You may also send an email to [email protected] (Please include the subject line: VISTA application)
About the AmeriCorps VISTA program
- VISTA is a full-time, yearlong program for men and women age 18 and older from all backgrounds
- VISTAs do not provide direct service, i.e., working with youth through sports, but work to mobilize resources to help strengthen capacity at their sponsoring agencies
- At the completion of their year of service, VISTAs receive an Education Award ($5,550) or end-of-service stipend ($1,500)
- Throughout their year of service, VISTAs receive on-the-job training, a modest living allowance, health care benefits, 10 personal days and 10 sick days (in addition to organizational holidays), relocation allowance, and student-loan forbearance
- The VISTA living allowance is set at 105% of the local poverty level in your city and is distributed to VISTAs every other week via direct deposit
- VISTAs cannot have other employment during their service year and may attend school part-time only if approved by Up2Us HQ and CNCS