Riding with Self-Directed Services through Medicaid
- It’s adaptive horseback riding. The program name “Therapeutic” can be misleading. Although our riders benefit therapeutically, the class is not taught by a physical therapist and is not Clinical therapy. If you use Self-Direction, we will bill you for a “Riding Class” to avoid confusion.
- It’s open to the public. Our riding program does not require a diagnosis — we believe anyone can benefit from horsemanship! Riders will interact with other riders, instructors, staff and volunteers with and without disabilities.
- The fee is $55 per lesson. Full tuition for our riding program is $550 per term for 10 lessons, which works out as $55 per 30-minute lesson. Riders who use Self-Direction for payment will receive an invoice before the 5th of the month for the previous month. Riders are responsible for submitting this invoice for payment.
- Our schedule is available. We ride in 10-week semesters by season, Tuesday through Sunday, 9am-7pm.
- Winter: January – March
- Spring: April – June
- Summer: July – August
- Fall: September – November
- Your FI can pay directly. Contact us to set up direct payment.