Your Donations Help Our RIDERS!
- Over the year, we have 686 riders in our program. During our busiest months, we serve over 500 riders every week.
- GallopNYC is committed to serving low-income and middle-income families. We provide tuition scholarships to over half of our riders.
- GallopNYC is a accredited BBB charity and Guidestar Platinum
Many NYC people need help to live a full, productive life:
- One in 20 school-age children across the U.S. has a disability
- In NYC, there are 1.6 million people living with disabilities
- One in 88 American children has some form of autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
But so few families have the resources to help:
- 1 in 5 NYC residents is now living in poverty
- Families of a child with an ASD earned an average of 28% less than those with children with no health limitations
And Insurance and Government resources are not sufficient:
Having an autistic child is estimated to cost a family $10,000 to $50,000 a year in out-of-pocket expenses for medical treatment, therapy, and education.
The NYC Department of Education has reported that as many as 40 percent of students in New York City recommended for special-education services may not be getting them.
GallopNYC is an Award Winning Program
GallopNYC has received a number of high-profile awards including:
- Awarded two government contracts by the NYC Department of Education to serve students from the District 75 schools for children with disabilities and the NYC Department of Mental Health and Hygiene to serve children with autism.
- Compelling press coverage including The NY Times, The Wall Street Journal, NY1, Scholastic Storyworks Magazine, NY Daily News, and Autism Speaks blog
- The Brooke Mahoney Award for Board Excellence
- A charity beneficiary of the Central Park Horse Show and The Longines Masters New York
- Our Board Chair, Suzy Marquard, received the prestigious USEF/Equus Foundation Humanitarian award in 2017
- In 2018, our Program Manager, Bonnie Perry, received the New York Nonprofit Media’s 40 Under 40 Award
- Achieved certification as a Service Enterprise by Points of Light, for excellence in our volunteer management
Legal & Tax Information
Your funds will be used to help people with disabilities in NYC enjoy the benefits of Therapeutic Horsemanship.
Please make your check out to GallopNYC and mail to us at:
88-03 70th Road Forest Hills, NY 11375
Our EIN is 05-0615968
Our New York State Charities Bureau Registration Number is: 20-98-28
Our legal name is: “Giving Alternative Learners UpLifting Opportunities, Inc.”
Here’s what the parent of a rider shared with us: “As a parent of a child with special needs it can be difficult to find a place or activity that he can really enjoy that will help him grow. We found that place at GallopNYC . My son has more strength in his body and better coordination, he is more confident with himself and what is capable of doing, but most importantly he has the opportunity to interact with new friends and of course the horses.”